Monday, October 21, 2013

An overdue blog post~

I know. Wow. What's it been? November 11th. Last year.
3 days before God decided to change my life forever.
An event that was miraculously orchestrated for me. What an incredibly scary, but amazingly beautiful event. 
It happened to be the week that my sister arrived into town. We had a tattoo appointment planned together, several months in advance when she bought her airplane ticket. 
The day we got these.....

was the same day that I signed a lease for an apartment for me and my children to move in to.
How wonderfully significant this piece of art is to me.
At the time, I didn't really understand. I didn't understand how God could provide a way out for me away from my husband when I knew in my heart that God doesn't like divorce.
But the Lord knew my intentions, and he knew his.

Sometimes, I believe that God might call me to do something life-changing, just to see if I'm willing to put my trust in him. Completely.
Character development.
Its pretty amazing what happens when you fully rely on listening to the Holy Spirits direction.
Its so scary. But peaceful. Not terrifying, but fear of the unknown is more like it.
I recently spoke with a pastor that had inspired me. He talked about peace. That sometimes God chooses to reveal things with peace. I love it. Sometimes its just a small whisper of an answer, instead of a scream.
Ever since I was a child, there was several times that I saw miraculous things right before my eyes. This caused my faith to grow tremendously.
The blessings that I have received from taking such a leap of faith, and trusting has led me to the most amazing time in my life. Not necessarily the journey, its been rough, believe me. But to where I am now.

But its in the journey that I remember all of the people in my life that supported me all along the way. Through everything. Through my irrational, crazy, sometimes insane behavior.
I have a whole new view on family.





I know that God has such great plans for me and my kids. Ones that I'm unable to even fathom.
I always expect the absolute minimal out of God, and somehow he always seems to overflow my cup.

This is me. Happy. Blessed. Highly favored. Grateful.

1 comment:

{lou} said...

I'm so happy to see you so happy! The spark is back in your eyes!! Love you and those babies!!!

-lou