Tuesday, July 31, 2012

In the storm.

I was not so simply reminded just now, how precious life is. How in a split second how quickly it can be taken away. On my way to work out early this morning, getting ready to turn left through a green light, and a car to the left of me ran his red light. He had to have been going close to 50. Thank Jesus, I saw him! But I saw him in the very last second. 1 second difference, that car would have smashed into MY side of the car. Of course on mind directly went to..... I leave my house at 5:30. I don't get home till 7:30. For 2 hours, john would have never known something happened. All 3 members of my little family, comfortably snuggled in their beds, wouldn't have any idea until I hadn't made it home. I cried. For 15 minutes. Which takes a lot to scare me into crying. That's how close this was. Thinking about how short life can be. How my kids and husband need me. How GREAT life truely is. How would their life be without me? As I then continue on down the road, trying to compose myself enough to actually drive the speed limit...This song came on the radio. CLICK HERE <------ God reminded me that no matter what has been going on lately, it could be much, much worse. But the important thing, is to praise him anyway. Praise him during the storm, not just after.

P.s. please keep my friend in your thoughts and prayers today. She is having a c-section today,HEr baby ...his intestines are blocked. THey will immediately take him, and do surgery. At 4 weeks, he will also have a heart surgery. Please pray for this sweet family. Thank you.

No comments: