Monday, February 27, 2012

the first leap year manic Monday (week)

I have spent most of this week consumed by wonder. Wondering what is planned for my life. What God has in store. I think its interesting how God starts to mix things up a little, the moment you decide to start trying to plan your own life.
I truely believe that he has started to reveal some things lately, I'm so excited (and nervous) to see what he has in store for our little family.

Most people hate Monday's. But a Monday for me, means I get to have some Barrett time. I love getting to watch him at his therapy sessions.





I can't believe how much he is learning, and accomplishing! For so long, it was hard for me to see Barrett be behindther kids his age. And now, I'm just enjoying it! Enjoying getting him as a baby a little longer than most~
Here's a small update:
Barrett is now starting to do some sort of an "army crawl" scoot thingy, can wave his hand at you, and is starting to be able to mimic sounds.
The boy will do some major army crawling to get ahold of some paper. He loves it. As much as he loves any sort of string/strap. Loves it.



Man! Those girls make him work hard! Getting tired.


We attended our second birthday party within about a week and a half. Barrett was mad when his cupcake was gone.


And brink was lovin some kitty time. And uncle mark made the mistake of telling her to ask me for one. And she did. Alot. Eww. Not a fan.


Any of you out there get inspired to eat healthy when you are grocery shopping? Then you spend all this money on veggies, that sit it your fridge and rot? Tip For the week. And it works:
As soon as you get home from the store, chop up all your veggies. That way, when you open the fridge, there is something healthy already prepared that makes it easy to snack smart! Read that one in a magazine a long time ago, and it really does help. I myself, love me some salad!

If you decide to just chop some veggies to snack on, and feel like you need something to dip them in, be careful! Ranch can be super high in calories and fat. Now, I have a hard time with using fat free anything, because it tastes bad. But, with this packet mixed in with 16oz tub of fat-free sour cream, you can't even tell its fat free, because the flavor of the packet is awesome!
Completely covers the "fat free taste," and you don't have to worry about the guilt factor if you count calories.
It's the "hidden valley FIESTA ranch DIP (not dressing.) You will never want to buy a regular ranch dip ever again! I'm serious.

"Mermaid tears" is this week's polish. A great spring color. But since this color is being discontinued, there is a new spring color by Essie called "navigate her" that is pretty similar. It looks like the mint in mint chocolate ice cream to me. Minty nails. Yum. No guilt here either:)


So if you're a pray'er, please keep our family in your prayers for some changes coming up. We really need some direction, cause we never know what's best. God ALWAYS does. Thanks:)

1 comment:

{lou} said...

I love reading about what happens every week! I'm so proud of you and John as parents and so proud of Brink and Barrett for learning and growing! :) I love you guys veryyyy much!