Tuesday, February 14, 2012

single awareness day is here.

Happy single awareness day! That's really, what it should be called.
In honor of this day, I thought I would share a few old pictures of me and johns "young love."
This was our first trip to Montana together. He was coming to meet my mom. Man, we were young.


This was also the trip that helped us eventually get to here....


I started today off, by reading an all too familiar chapter out of my favorite book.
This is the particular few sentences that always stand out to me, and get me thinking every time. And I will be elaborating on them:
4 Love is patient and kind; (umm... Pretty sure I lose my patience so much in a day, I can't count the times. Which then, results in me being UNkind.) love does not envy (ok, who DOESN'T get jealous of other people?) or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude.(I can definitely lose my temper and be rude. ) It does not insist on its own way; (umm...this girl. Right here. CONTROL FREAK!!!) it is not irritable or resentful; (first of all, I get irritable when I need to eat, let alone anything else. And let me tell ya, I have some serious trust issues. You mess up....man. I for sure can build up some resentment.) 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never ends.~ 1corinthians 13:4-8.

So after reading THAT, I absolutely do not have the traits of love. So sad. This is a constant battle for me, Every. Single. Day.
What's even more sad, it is so much more difficult for me to "love" my family, than it is, a perfect stranger. I want to love others, the way that God loves me. Unconditionally. Loves me, for me. Even when I can be so ugly, and so UNworthy. How hard is it, to love someone who is undeserving of YOUR love? Wow. God is pretty cool. Way cooler than me.

I had the oppourtunity to experience some "extra" little love this week. Barrett got to hang out with his buddy Blake, and mamma got to hang with her mommy friends. I love seeing them together.



Blake gives me so much to look forward to, in Barrett. He's a little over 5 months older than Barrett, and its hard to believe, (since Blake is walking) that Barrett could possibly we walking in 5 months!!! Man, I need to get back into mommy mode, and start baby proofing!

We did get a snow day yesterday! I dont know what it is, about curling up with the kids, and a blanket on the couch that feels so much better on snow days! Much to my sadness...I didnt get a picture of it. And of course, today it was almost 60 degrees, so it was gone! Crazy Arkansas weather.... But here's some cool pics anyway...



Fayetteville, being the hippy town it is, now has a vegan restaurant! I still use some animal products, because I feel like since I quit eating meat is difficult in itself. But so excited that "something better" has opened.

I have only been there twice, and it is SOOOO nice to know that I can eat ANYTHING on their menu!!! They have so many meat substitute options, that really do taste great. ANd they have free cooking classes every month!

Found a new recipe that I would like to try. I've been having a sweet tooth lately, but dont want to waste the calories. But I just might have to waste a few with this, that I found in SHAPE this week....


I have been slackin on the polish pictures. I know. My nails have suffered for a couple of weeks now. But in honor of the holiday, "off with her red" by OPI


This is my latest pinterest project. Johns (and mine) v-day gift. I Love the idea of letting eachother know about the small things, that really matter. Even though you may not be around eachother to say it right then. I think its sweet. And can improve your feelings for eachother. I am going to try to find something to write, every day.


I hope that we can all try to look at love a little differently this year. Maybe love a little more. Really love.


No comments: