Monday, February 6, 2012

Well, hello monday!

Wow! The weather this past week was incredible! It was in the 60's for 4 days straight! The last two days have been pretty chilly, but warmed up a tad in the after noon.


This was such a sad little picture of Barrett that I forgot to post last week. I was trying to capture barretts little tear on his cheek., but so much more difficult to do on a phone than a camara.


I know some of you saw this the other day on facebook, but soo happy with my new pinterest project! Home decor-like chore chart! just use dry erase marker on the glass....


So excited that Barrett loved bath time in the sink!! Wish I would have thought of it sooner....





Brinkers got a present from her Aunty Jessi



Getting off of my cleanse, this past week, I felt so good! Combined with 2 aerobics classes, and 2 strength sessions, it helped me lose 7 pounds in all. Now in reality, at least  3-4 of those pounds HAD to have been water weight, but nevertheless, I feel great! I'm saying so long to my fat jeans, and hoping to never have to use them again! So....since I'm trying to maintain, I have been attempting to make smoothies become a part of my life. Here's a yummy one:


Raspberry Vanilla Smoothie:

1/2 Cup Vanilla Nonfat Greek Yogurt
1 Cup LIGHT Silk Milk (original or vanilla)
1/2 Cup Raspberries
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Ice (depending on desired consistancy)
It tasted yummy and fresh this way. But I also added 3 drops of Stevia (zero calorie NATURAL sweetener)
Heres the numbers:
ONLY 175 Calories!
17g Protein!!!
ONLY 1.5g Fat.
Wow. sounds super to me!!


I got so sick of reading all of the superbowl status updates yesterday on facebook. Anyone else with me?
I attended a lengthy class most of the day yesterday, but was able to leave early for a super bowl/baby shower party! My little nephew Kellen should be here next month!
It was the first time I was able to spend a superbowl with MY family. It made me so happy to be there. Everyone that was there either was family, or I had known for so long.
See....this story I'm about to tell you, Is a small glimpse of the actual story. The story of how I met my brothers. My brothers that never knew I existed, until about 6 years ago.


Since I went to a Christian school when I was little, we started off each day with listening to everyones prayer requests, then, praying for them. Every. Single. Day......my prayer request was that I was going to be able to meet my brothers. This was in 3rd grade. Never did I EVER think that such a thing would have happened. I didnt even know where they lived.
I was told that they were adopted by a step-father when they were young, so I thought I knew what their last name was. When I was in high school, my mom had told me that my father mentioned that I had some family that ran into one of my brothers. At the time, I thought for some reason, that family member lived in Springfield, but it was Springdale. I clearly remember my very first attempt to locate them. I was living in Guatemala at the time, and once a week we were able to go into the city to shop, check emails, and go to dinner. I tried doing a people search. EVERY WEEK. I was so discouraged, because every single "people search" website, would say "We've found 21 people matching that name in blah blah blah....area" and every single site wanted money, in order to  view their information. I lost hope. I figured even if later on in life, I went ahead and paid the money, the chances of me actually finding the RIGHT person, were slim. 
Just a few short months, I was back in the states, and visited where my Dad had moved to in Arkansas. After my visit, going back home I found myself so depressed because of the state of my Dads health when I saw him. I really felt like I just HAD to be there with him. He was so far away from montana now, being in Arkansas instead of Colorado. Within just a month and a half, I packed my bags, and moved to Arkansas on a greyhound bus.
When I got here, I immediatly got a job at a restaurant. This is where I met some good friends, that eventually led me to meet my now husband of almost 6 years!!! Shortly after moving here, I somehow discovered that It was in SPRINGDALE that my brothers lived, NOT springFIELD. Guess which town my dad moved to (and me)? SpringDALE. I So my search began.
After being with john for only about a month, I met my best girlfriend through him. She was dating his best friend at the time. As we got to know eachother more, I told her that I was looking for my brothers. The only true information I knew about them, was their mothers name. My new found friend happen to know their mom. She went to school with her daughter. It felt like it wasnt real. That what she was telling me wasnt true, and I almost didnt believe it.
When I found out that they never were adopted, and we still shared the same last name, made it much easier to find info about them. Johns brother happen to be friends with one of my brothers!! It was incredible. Within just a few short months, I had met at least 5 people that were friends with them!
I wont go on much longer about the process of how I met them, but all in all.....If just ONE of these things DIDNT happen, my life would be completely different.
If my dad wouldnt have been sick.
If I never got depressed about it.
If I never got that Job at Outback.....


I wouldnt have him!



I wouldnt have these beautiful gifts!




I wouldnt have my brothers!


My brother wouldnt have Jenny!


or my little nephew Kellen.



This is just one more incredible, beautiful story that has come out of something so horrible as someone suffering from the condition of their health.
My Dad may have not been the best father, but without him, and my heavenly father....NONE of the above would even exist.
Romans 8:28 (NASB)
28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

1 comment:

Lou said...

Great bible verse and I'm so glad that I got to share this day with you! You are family to me... even if it's not by blood and you are right... God always is up to something to make it work and happen when it should for His Glory! :) I love you Maddi!

Love,
Lou!