Thursday, October 25, 2012

*The twenty-fifth day of October*

Today. It's here. It's rainy.


It comes every year. October 25th. Two years ago, I was hoping it would be Barrett's birthday. But he waited a few days. Even though October happens to be my favorite month for seasons, it also happens to be the most difficult. On the 2nd, my dad would have been 54. Today marks the 4th anniversary that my dad got to meet Jesus. That's what I really should be thinking about. Instead of thinking how badly I miss him. Or how sad it makes me feel that I never was able to see him play with my kids.

But I also know, that grieving helps heal. I have to remind myself that it's still ok to cry about it. Like a big.baby. if you would like to revisit my last year's post, on the right of this page, it's called "on this day in 2008." goodnight, sleep tight~

No comments: