Thursday, March 22, 2012

a weekend to remember

I want to start my appologizing to all of you readers. I feel absolutly terrible, that I PROMISED you that I would have this posted my yesterday. I think this is the first time that Im posting my monday post, on a thursday. Let me give you a little update on whats been going on with this whole internet thing....
Remember how I have told you in the past that I do all of my blogging off of my phone? Since I have moved out of town, my phone hardly gets service out there. I literally have to stand right next to my front window in my house, just to get......one bar of service!!!! And even with only one bar of service, my actual internet on my phone wont really work. Everytime that I come into town, (where I can get on the internet) I am busy running arrends, and dont have time to sit and blog. So today, I have made the time. And really, thats what It comes down to. Barrett is in therapy today for 2 hours, and I'm at the library today, writing to you. IT feels AWESOME!!!! So I'm sorry, that I just couldnt do it sooner. Must manage my schedule a little better.

And while we are on the subject of schedules....I was really thinking about this, this week. I never thought I would be "that mom." Really. Where if just one thing changes in my schedule, it messes up my whole week of scheduling!!?? yep. thats me. Im "that mom." I swore I would never be. Typically, I'm pretty laid back. Go with the flow, kind of person. But God had different plans for me I guess. But just so you know, it bothers me. But I try to not beat myself up to much about it.

Yesterday was world down syndrome day! 3-21. 3 chromosomes, on the 21st chromosome....just in case you were wondering. One of my favorite DS quotes "Just wait until you discover the joy, packed in that little extra chromosome." Lovely.


Barrett got his first "boo boo" this past week. Watching him in action, hurt my heart.


Holiday COlor of the week: don't mess with opI



Pretty sure I need some of these.


I got to spend some time with my beautiful niece today. She has just started to roll over.


Brinklee is facinated with babies right now. I love this first pic, I laugh out loud every time I look at it...their faces. haha!




Me and Mr. Stewart spent the weekend in Branson, Missouri.
every time we are in an area with a Joe's crab shack, we MUST go. And every time we go, we always talk about opening one in nwa.




John insisted I took a picture of his dang crawfish.


We attended a marriage conference that was incredible! The conference was originally supposed to be held at the Hilton, which is beautiful! We have stayed there once before, and it was the nicest Hotel we have ever stayed in. This is what the Hilton looked like this weekend.


Therefore, they moved the conference! To an even better hotel. This one


It was AMAZING!!!! Never in my life did I ever think that I would EVER. Stay at a 5 star hotel. They did have a cute little "sweet shoppe." We wound up over spending on simple things, like coffees and bagels. But wouldn't go this far. Yeah right.....


FIrst, the inside views..


THen the one from our balcony. I can't believe we even had one.



Branson was recently hit with a tornado. I haven't ever seen any leftovers of a natural disaster, besides a terrible ice storm that hit NWA 3 years ago. But both were equally fascinating to me. Seems terrible, but I can't help it.




There was some pretty incredible things that were mentioned about marriage this weekend. About being a Christian, being a wife, and also a mother. Thought I would share some of the things that stood out to me the most....
Some of this is so basic, but yet, is such a great reminder! One of those "oh yeah!" things.


Oneness in a marriage.




Bringing God into the mix.



Working through conflict.






Girl stuff....







Favorite little sayings from all the sessions.
First, relation between men and women in a household:

Ain't this the TRUTH!

conflict issues:



Nuf said:




If you never deposit, there won't be anything to withdrawl. Then you'll be in the negative!




I wanna talk a little about the thing that hit me hardest. It has completely changed my view on something that, I say most, but probably all men struggle with. Lust.
Our sunday morning session consisted of us breaking into 2 different groups. Men, and women. They talk about guy stuff, dad stuff. And we obviously talk about being wives and mothers. As I sat down in this room full of women, I started looking around, and the first thing that comes to my mind, is I start to compare myself to them. I immediately stop. Start praying, and asking God to help me stop doing that! Its wrong! Ok ladies, you know what I'm talking about.
And It's pretty funny, because later on, the speaker wound up saying something that has forever changed my perspective on the way mens minds work, and ours.



WOW!!!! Then I start reeeally thinking about it. Ok, when I go into a room, one of my first thoughts come to comparison. And its very difficult to keep your thoughts from wandering there. Cause there is women all around you! OMG>... That is how men are. Imagine how difficult it is, to completely keep your thoughts from comparing yourself, or comparing another woman to you. ITS SOOOOO HARD!!! Imagine being in the fashion industry. I do hair, makeup nails. I do beauty. So imagine how much more difficult it is for someone who is in my field of work, to not go there!!!!!
Now I think about...wow....how difficult it must be for a man to be working in a particular industry, with trying to keep his mind off of how a woman looks if say....he's in the field of.....photography. His job, is to capture people at their best moments. When they look the best. In the best poses.
I think about how much my mind just instantly wanders to comparison, at the drop of a hat. WITHOUT MY CONTROL!!!! THIS IS HOW THAT WORKS WITH MEN!!! OMG!!!!!!
It is up to you though, to take those thoughts captive. As soon as that thought, uncontrollably comes into your head, make a decision. Ok, thats wrong, I am going to think about something else. Its so difficult, and lets face it. This is how we are wired! God wired us this way. But its a choice. A choice to give into it. Please think about this. It has really also given me a little more compassion in my heart for my spouse, and other men. When I see a guy in public, looking at a womans backside for a split second, It doesnt disgust me nearly as much. HA! Cause chances are, I probably looked at it too, and compared mine to hers. LOL>>>>>


I hope that maybe even just one thing that I have posted from this conference has encouraged you. Even if you aren't married, but maybe plan to be someday. Think about it. This is good stuff.

Next week....good stuff from some women's health mag. Wa hoo!
Let's get healthy this spring,


so we feel better this summer!!! :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Great post! So glad you shared! : ) Marriage is a lot of hard work, but you made a point that I firmly believe in as well.. it is not about your compatability, but your committmenet to hold true to your vows, made before God. David and I will be married 11 years next month! We married at 19 and 20, and I can tell you that I'm different at age 30 than I was at 19, but what I don't allow to change is my committment to Christ , and naturally, therefore to my husband. Isn't a successful marriage the best gift we can present to our own children? : ) I like to think of Christian marriage as a triangle with the husband and wife on the bottom corners and Jesus Christ at the top point. As we move closer to Christ, we will always move closer to our spouse. : ) I'm so thankful you have these same beliefs!