Monday, April 16, 2012

maddi's MONTANA manic monday!

Lets start this off by saying, vacation was good to mamma this week! Yup, gained about 5 pounds. I hate that it can happen in just a week, but will take me a month to lose. poo. My girl jena, fed me well~

John and our friend Brett, did a little fishing while in town. They brought us back a 21" rainbow trout. It was delish~

Vacation polish. The OPI's version of "shelack" (sp?) "Big apple red" This is after a week of wear. Its supposed to stay on, till basically, your nails have grown out so much that you have to change it. So far, so good. I'm liking not having to change my polish once a week. But where would my polish of the week pic go?


I'm so excited to say, that for once, Barrett has finally experienced something first, before Brinklee has. He was great!


Everyone complimented us on what a great baby we have, and that he did so good on all of our plane rides.


While we were in town, we took a little stroll down last chance gulch. I love all of the old buildings.






This is the local cathedral . I hate using shots that I happen to get some random persons car in it, but we were driving by, and its the only one I got.



I really have so many more scenery pictures that I took, but alot of them wound up looking all the same :/ I guess maybe cause I'm obsessed with mountains.





These are my girls. We havent all been together in about 10 years. This was our "10 years later" shot. I missed them dearly.

Now that I'm back home, I really missed how green it is here.


Not a huge fan of the humidity, but we figured out that our bodies are not used to dry weather anymore. Barretts hair was wild!

Barrett did pretty good on the 5 hour drive home :) as
Long as he was sleeping or snacking...

But, no matter how much I missed them, I realized something while I was there. I realized that God has me where I am for a reason. No matter how much fun I had, or how lovely Montana is, I am right where I am supposed to be. God showed me that. He showed me to think about where my life would be if I would have stayed. I wouldnt have my husband,


or my beautiful babies.



I did have alot of fun while I was there, and yes, it was great to be around some old friends. But as I was in church yesterday, it felt so right. That this life, is what feels good. There is nothing else that could satisfy, what I really want in life, like God. And all of his blessings and protection.



When I arrived home, I couldn't get enough of this girl.


We wanted to make her feel special since we had been gone, so we took her to Chuckie cheese. She had a blast.


It was so incredible, to give brink instructions because she couldn't climb up the ledges by herself. ANd then, she listened, and was able to get all the way to the top! I can't even explain the feeling I had from that! It was great!






It kinda felt like me, sometimes. I try to do so much on my own, and fail. When I finally ask God for direction, as his child, he gives it to me. Helps me get to the top.

If I felt that good with brink, how much more does God feel when thats me and him? This trip meant EVERYTHING. I have peace, knowing I'm right where I should be.




1 comment:

Jessica said...

So thankful you had a rejuvinating trip to Montana! Now that we live 1,00 miles from our home in Arkansas, I think the old song is right sometimes... that you can never really go back home. God definitely changes us {and the desires of our heart} to allow us to grow right where he has us! :) So glad He brought you back home safetly!