Tuesday, May 1, 2012

a new blogging day.

It's blogging day! I'm thinking that Tuesday, will become the New Monday. The kids' schedule has shifted, and its makin it MUCH easier on mamma. Barrett says "yay" for blogging day!!!



This past week, as a lot of you know, me and john just celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. Wa hoo! I can't believe that he has stayed married to me all this time!




Got all fancied up. Painted my nails some cajun shrimp. My first one chipped. That's why I covered it:)
Now I know why everyone likes this color so much. It looks different on everybody.


Spent the date night going to a new local art museum neither of us had been to. It was ok. I enjoyed the art for sure, but I guess I had heard so much hype about it, I was expecting to get blown away! Don't get me wrong, like I said, there was some cool stuff. I think I was mostly impressed with how realistic some of the paintings looked, and that they were done back in the late 1800's. Here were a few of my favs.




Sorry, they aren't the greatest pics of them. They won't allow you to get too close to them.

Now for some foodie stuff. Got me a juicer. Love it. Except that it takes a lot to get some juice. But my fav right now is celery, an apple, carrots and a lemon.


I also made some stuffed peppers this week, and the perfect green beans. Let me tell you how to make em.
Boil for 5min, cook in a little olive oil for 5min. With some garlic salt.
If you can't immediately cook them after boiling, you need to put them in some cold water till your ready to cook, or they will continue to cook themselves. They wind up having the perfect combo of being firm, but soft enough to enjoy:)


My mom discovered these in the paper this week, but I have yet to try them. I will, once I get those vacation pounds off. Let me know what you think if you try any....





We are going to try to make Sundays family day. I love when that actually happens! My little baby niece. Barrett and her love playing together. It's so funny watching her get excited to have someone her size around.



Update on operation dead ants. I had to refill my little caps with my concoction. This was right after I did that, but today, I'm starting to see fewer ants. I'M hoping its starting to work.


These are some funnies I found this week.


I think they are funny anyway....

Baby boy had an eye appointment this week.





We will find out in about a year or so, if he will need glasses or not. Either way, hes a handsome boy!

Working on walking around stuff. Soon.

I haven't been very happy with the way my blogs have been turning out lately. I feel like I'm getting some sort of writers block. So, until it unblocks, I guess you will just get some pretty pictures.

1 comment:

Ruby said...

CUTE family!! The wrap: email me at rdesantiago@sdale.org OR call/text me 4796162581. Do it!!